Monday 16 April 2018

Autism Awareness Month Blog Hop



Autism Fact: Autism is a developmental disability. It’s a difference in how your brain works. Autistic people can have good mental health, or experience mental health problems, just like anyone else.

*******

RJ Scott has once more put together a month long blog hop in support of Autism Awareness. You can find all the authors and blogs participating here.

This year's theme is our hopes and dreams. Weirdly, I found it quite hard on my poor old brain when I started thinking about what they might be. I mean, there's the big stuff that I sadly can't see happening any time soon such as equality, acceptance and the world moving forward again instead of the scary back steps it seems to be taking recently. Where people aren't discriminated against because of their race or gender or sexuality, because of disabilities or their mental health etc. Where a little bit of kindness goes a long way.

There's also my hopes for the people close to me, for the health of my family and friends, for my nieces and nephews to grow up loved and able to be happy and successful in who they are and what they want to do.

When it comes to myself, I'm not sure. My happiness generally comes from making other people happy. As a wife, a sister, a daughter, an auntie, a friend. As an author, as a cover artist. If I can make someone smile just a little then I'm pretty happy. I'm a simple soul. I have a roof over my head, a bed and food, a husband and family who love me despite my flaws and wibbly mental health *shakes fist at my wobbly brain*. So I guess I hope for the bubble that is my life to be one forever filled with smiles.

*******

Giveaway : I'd like to offer the choice of an e-book from my releases. Leave a comment on this post with a contact email and tell me something, no matter how small that has made/makes you smile. I'll pick two winning comments next Monday.

3 comments:

  1. My dog, Buttons, always makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a cute sounding name. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment.

      Delete