Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmas Songs

There is nothing as awesome as hearing Christmas songs on the radio or TV to get you in the mood for the holidays. We all have our favourites whether it's the meaningful lyrics, the catchy tune, or great memories.

These are 5 of my favourites:

1. Stop The Cavalry - Jona Lewie
More for the tune than the meaning, I just love the brass band sound to it.

2. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses
TUNE. I love this song so much. It's just so easy to bop along to.

3. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and David Bowie
Something to chill out to after a day of eating way too much. The two men just sing this beautifully.

4. A Winter's Tale - David Essex
Already a poignant song, this one reminds me of my nan. Along with Cliff Richard's Mistletoe and Wine, it was one always playing in her house. I think I still have the cassette!! :-)

5. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Wizzard
And this one makes me smile. Especially, the video as I can imagine my dad dressing like this back in the 70s *chuckles*

So, is there a Christmas song that's special to you? Do you have a soundtrack for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment